Sunday 27 August 2017

Horus Heresy: Emperor's Children.. Opps did I just buy that?


Now I don't tend to do the ''Look what I just bought'' post too much but this is something I been after for a wee while for a sensible price.

See I love Forgeworld but boy their prices sting your ass like a ol' good whipping.

But today I got lucky and this popped up on one of the Facebook Trading pages (These pages along with Ebay keep me being a good boy budget Wargamer, well for the most part anyway hehe).





Yep a Legion Sicaran Battle Tank to give it's full name or my new baby.

The Sicaran uses component technologies from various STC patterns such as the Rhino, Land Raider and Hephaestus, to create a high-speed "destroyer" tank to compliment the more commonplace Predator and Land Raider designs.

The Sicaran Battle Tank was one of the most advanced vehicles used by the Space Marine Legions during the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy. These potent instruments of war were made only for the Adeptus Astartes and were slated to become common issue to all Legions prior to the break out of the Heresy.  Given his placement as Warmaster Horus was able to funnel the majority of the Sicaran tanks produced by the Adeptus Mechanicus Forge Worlds into the hands of the traitor legions. In the 41st millenium the rarity of the Sicaran has many convinced it doesn’t exist or it is a legend of the Heresy. The most senior Masters of the Forge and Tech Adepts of Mars know the Sicaran is real and regard the relics for what they are: a shining example of the most effective tank produced for the Adeptus Astartes.

It has to be for me along with the Iconic Contemptor Dreadnought a close 2nd my favourite design from the HH universe.

Plus we all know I'm a massive Treadhead anyway hehe.

Still despite it being 2nd Hand it's the most I have ever spent on a single Wargaming item (And the 2nd most expensive one I own).

Anyway that's it for this quick Blog post, stay tuned for a more interesting post tomorrow as I have been continuing on my Chaos Guard force.

Ta Ta for now and as always comments are always welcome.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...